Sunday, February 14, 2010

the dark aisle

... i felt like the phoenix, back from the dead.. i wasn't ready, i never was, never will be.. but the devil yelled out mercilessly, at the right moment like always... i was petrified beyond imagination, wanted to run away from the devil, to a place where it didn't rule, but the devil had cast its shadow and covered every inch of my life, my world. nonetheless, i defied the devil for as long as i could, but soon it engulfed me... there i was, ready to tread the dark aisle. i entered the hellhole, pitch-black, the silence intimidated me, the lull before the storm... scores of the devil's slaves surrounded me, some saw light, and tried to overrule the devil, with little success... they were much more disarrayed, probably because the devil still had a soft corner for them, which they were dead scared to throw away... ignorance is bliss, the darkness soothed me... i sat down, while the devil toyed with me, hurling rocks at me, each one harder than the previous, i was getting crushed, the little resistance i offered to some rocks only made the devil wilder... red-eyed, he smiled at me and threw his last one with all is might, and i collapsed... the pen was going to be on the table then on... the devil looked down at me, his bloodshot eyes filled with contempt, he'd had the last laugh...

4 comments: